The Papatowai Store in The Catlins is a country store with so much more. Beer, wine, groceries, petrol, diesel and accommodation.
Papatowai is a small town in the Catlins in New Zealand. Papatowai is half-way between the Dunedin and Invercargill, and is the perfect stopping point when discovering all that the Catlins has to offer.
Papatowai is surrounded by native podocarp forest and there are waterfalls,and sandy beaches in addition to bushwalks. Papatowai is home to the quirky Lost Gypsy Gallery.
- Camper-sized deli meats, milk, cheeses, antipasto, hot pies and rolls, bread, cakes, muffins and slices and a wide variety of grocery items, automotive, houseware,, eggs, fruits and vegetables.
- We sell wide area, 'hotspot', 24 hour internet wifi vouchers for the campers and visitors, for $5.
- Our Petrol is the cheapest petrol and diesel in South Island. 24/7 Card fuel, with PIN number. Cash purchases can be made in the store during opening hours. Nearest other petrol: Owaka 30 km (card fuel) or Balclutha 60 kms and Tokanui 45 kms. (Closed weekends and public holidays)
- Craft Beer, boxed beer, cider and a variety of wines to go.
- American style drip filter coffee to go, tea, milo, with cakes and muffins, bar cookies.
- Souvenir items including Pikitia postcards of the Catlins, Catlins playing cards, locally published books and art.
- Accommodation - choose from studio and one bedroomed self contained units set in a private garden with outdoor seating- if you would like to learn more visit the website